From September, the MEGA Shopping and Leisure Centre MEGA (Islandijos pl. 32, Kaunas) will continue its special hands-on educational programmes for pupils called “Secrets of the MEGA Aquarium” and will also offer fact-filled full of fun educational tours for primary school pupils.
- 19 January – 25 May 2017
Aims of the programme
- To encourage the interest of pupils in nature, the underwater world, marine fish varieties and how they adapt to their environment and problems they can face.
- To develop pupils’ ability to observe, learn, understand, summarise and apply knowledge.
- To develop curiosity and awareness of the surrounding world, to instil love and respect for life and its various forms.
- To expand children’s horizons and show them the natural beauty of the world in addition to the world of technology.
Hands-on educational programmes
- Educational programmes must be booked in advance at the Information Centre of the MEGA Shopping and Leisure Centre.
or by telephone 8 37 239 000.
- Reservations can be made for pupils of forms 1–5 (recommended maximum number of a group is 20 children together with 2 accompanying teachers).
- Hand-on educational programmes are held every Thursday 11.00*
- Duration – about 20 min.
- Cost – free.
- Travel costs to the MEGA shopping and Leisure centre are not covered.
- Meeting the staff of the MEGA Aquarium, presentation of the programme;
- Introduction to the origin of the earth, its structure and form;
- Learn about the diversity of marine flora and fauna and their distribution;
- Ecological groups and niches of fish using examples of the fish in the aquarium;
- Firsthand facts about the installation of the marine aquarium;
- Information about viewing the aquarium from above and feeding the fish;
- Incredible facts about sharks, types of attacks, causes and prevention;
- Maintenance of the aquarium, technical premises, differences between marine and freshwater aquarium, hospital for fish and inspection of the diving equipment;
- Installing an aquarium at home, suitable types of fish, their living conditions and nutrition;
- Commemorative gifts from the Shopping and Leisure Centre MEGA.
*For more information on tours and times please call 8 37 239 000.